Monday 14 November 2011

Yours Truly

I felt my spirit stirring again today, you know like it was trying to remind me of something? I sighed; I knew exactly what it was referring to, ‘My so-called diary!’ Well to be fair things have been kind of hectic since I finished writing it as I have become so engrossed in a new venture of mine called ‘Beauty and Belief.’
Yes believe it or not my life has taken a new turn, or rather I should probably say, I have a new twist to my storytale, as I found myself somehow launched back into the beauty business! I have to say launched because it happened so quickly. Thoughts started to take shape as I finished the so-called diary so I made a few suggestions to my daughter and her friends. Before I knew it I had a group of young girls at my house! I am now hopefully inspiring them to learn ‘to love the skin they are in’ and with a little help from above endeavour to assist them with their thought patterns. As I explained to them, ‘We need to train our minds with good thoughts instead of draining our minds with bad thoughts so that we actually get that feel-good-factor.’ We then finished off the session with the girls giving each other a bit of pampering by feeding their faces with some gooey skin creams and compared it with feeding their faces with some gooey sweets. (Also much better for the stomach I think!)
I also think the sessions are proving:-
You feel better about yourself when you do something nice for somebody else rather than yourself. We then established that there is a difference between how you see yourself and how other people see you and that there is also a difference between what you believe to be true about yourself and what actually the truth is.
As I am writing this revelation I have suddenly been reminded of something else too, to a time in my book (On Earth as it is In Heaven) when the Spirit, (or what I like to refer to as ‘my inner angel’) kept prompting me, ‘To think about it.’ So today I thought about it, and as I did my mind flew back to a day of writing my diary back in 2008, when I suddenly remembered that prayer. Let me share:-

Day 3


I had prayed last night about the keys to unlock the Kingdom of Heaven. As I prayed, I felt the Spirit stir and say, ‘To achieve your purpose in life you need to live in God’s will. Living in God’s will is the only way to achieve the best life that the good Lord had planned for you.’
 I pondered, so were there special keys to help me to achieve this? Well this morning the Lord directed me to Psalm 19 v 7-11. By directing me I mean my bible literally fell open at this page and my eyes were directed to the following verses:-
The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul.
The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.
The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever.
The ordinances of the Lord are sure and altogether righteous.
They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb.
By them your servant is warned; in keeping them there is great reward.

As I read I felt that warm glow flow through me again. Were these kingdom keys?
 ‘Lord, are you listening to me?’ I prayed, ‘I need you to explain. You are the only person who knows what is right for me. I know I am not perfect. You are the only perfect person that ever walked this earth. So will you please help me? I want to make my life worthwhile, lead my best life from now on. Only you know how I can achieve it and take hold of it.’
I then heard His voice reply quite clearly, in such a matter-of-fact way, ‘As you wish my child.’
Sometimes it can be so annoying, here I am worrying about getting everything right and living in His will and He has this way of making everything sound so simple, like I had just asked Him for a nice piece of cake! Suddenly this thought goes through my head, ‘You can’t have your cake and eat it,’ Well it doesn’t take rocket science to know where that came from does it? That old enemy he so does like to sneak up on us. What a kill-joy! Well I’m having none of that! ‘Shut up! Get out of here!’ I snapped, ‘It’s just a saying it does not mean anything. You’re trying to make me sound like one of those pessimists. I am an optimist!’ (As I was taught when I became a sales consultant)
The Lord then proceeded to give me a little bit of a sermon, ‘My ways are different. My teaching is different. With me everything is different, but rest assured it is a much nicer way,’ He declared.
 I felt a bit embarrassed then, but to my amazement He started to laugh and, can you believe it, He told me to lighten up!
‘Not all good people are good all the time. Not all bad people are bad all the time. You each have good and bad in you. So lighten up, the good news is, through Christ you become much better!’

Day 4


 What are your thoughts? Do you need to lighten up a bit? Can you laugh at yourself or are you hard on yourself?
Would you like the Lord to help you?
Well why not write down what you want to say? Then pray.
Try to do it everyday!

Well I hope that will give you thoughts for today.
Yours Truly,
Julie.

If you enjoyed this and you would like to read more you can join me on face book by ticking the ‘like’ button on ‘Julie Prentice Author’ page

Other inspirations can be read in ‘On Earth as it is in Heaven’ by Julie Prentice £8.99. Available at Amazon or email julie.jules2007@hotmail.co.uk 

No comments:

Post a Comment